Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Bungee Paracord Lanyard

To make this lanyard you need to start off with a length of shock cord. I believe the piece I used here was taken out of an old coat. First you need to stretch the shock cord out as much as possible. Then I started with a four strand plait around the shock cord. Always make sure to leave plenty of 
spare cord on the standing end to finish the lanyard off. Once you get to the end of the shock cord you will continue the plait past it and then double it back on itself and complete the eye splice and finished it with a 4x5 turks head knot. On the opposite end I attached the clip with a crown knot and then went into a four strand turks head. Once you are done the lanyard will act as sort of a bungee cord and the plait will bunch up as the shock cord contracts. I am not sure what you might use it for but it is an interesting project none the less.


No comments:

Post a Comment